free website stats program Torx size 01 fxstd | Harley Davidson Forums

Torx size 01 fxstd

GrtDane

I am trying to get my forward control plates off of my 01 deuce. It is a large torx button head bolt and I can't figure out what size it is my cheap set of torx wrenches only goes to T30? any info will be helpful?/

I also noticed on my bike a few places where HD used "Torx Plus" fasteners instead of ordinary Torx. Why only in some areas, I don't know but they are there.

If you use 1 for the other it will work but it is a sloppy fit.

Now you have a good reason to go tool shopping best to get a fill kit of torx heads that fit on to your torque wrench
i have a couple of sets that have a 3/8" and 1/2" square drives with a number of different sized torx bits that fit into them it didnt cost too much and i havent broke any yet and i have had them for years
Brian likes to go tool shopping

Brian

I also noticed on my bike a few places where HD used "Torx Plus" fasteners instead of ordinary Torx. Why only in some areas, I don't know but they are there.

If you use 1 for the other it will work but it is a sloppy fit.
Like your new avitar Hoop.

full torx and plus sets @ Sears i like Sears coz if ya break a tool which i have done using tools that they were not necessarily design for lol( yeah come one we've all done it lol)..i have been ask a question theys replace stuff w/o question (well tools anyways) Snap-on truck sometime are hard to find and some won't open their truck for a shade tree mechanic. Hoople holy Moely man I have not seen Ready Kilowatt since i was a kid and i am 65 lol

Back