free website stats program Top Three "to do" | Harley Davidson Forums

Top Three "to do"

walleye

Contributor
I was wondering what everybody's priority list is. Not what the first things you did or would do, but from where your at now, the NEXT three things you want to do. For me the next three things I would like to do to my 09 Ultra is:
1 Oil Cooler
2 Lower it. (Just don't know the best way yet.) Shocks / Seat. This is a tough one for me.
3 Oil Temp Guage. Just as soon as I know I can get one that matches.

Honorable mention is a center stand. Probable by Wheeldock. What are your next "To Do's?" :cheers

PS: I should have made this top 5.... I need handle bars that are closer to me.... AUGGHHH!!!

oil cooler handlebars and fuel tuner...

If your going to lower it i would do it with a seat

Bud is quite right, easiest and 1st thing to try is the seat, does not affect bike's ground clearance or handling and has the most overall affect on rider long distant comfort, control, reach ground and to the bar.:bigsmiley12:

My mod priorities list:
1.) Performance and Longevity
2.) Control and Long Term Comfort
3.) Accessories and *Bling*

Since my ride has gone through all those cycles (more than once in fact)...I am pretty much set.

Though I have been thinking of adding an oil cooler, but then I have to relocate my horn, and then... :newsmile030:

Last edited:
I would do the stage 1 setup which would be

1- exhaust
2- air filter kit
3- efi tuner

IMO get the bike running great & you will be alot happier & then you can work on the other things

oil cooler handlebars and fuel tuner...

If your going to lower it i would do it with a seat

This is exactly trhe feedback I need. I, as odd as it sounds, like the stock seat. I do not however want to modify the ride as I think it is spot on. What seat do you recommend? I would much rather do a seat mod than a lowering mod if I can achieve flat feet. Also keep in mind I will eventually change the bars as well. Thanks guys.:D

Maybe the reach seat i cant really say as i need to go taller not shorter.. but the reach says it move you forward and closer to the ground

So, the claim is it lowers you AND moves you forward? If this is true, I can kill two birds as they say. Anyone here confirm this? Thanks Bud.

Thanks Bud. Now all I need is some feedback from those who have it. Looks like it is what I need. I wonder how the passenger pillion compares in width to the stock seat? Says it is 13" wide. Anyone know the width of a stock 09 Ultra passenger seat? I could go take the cover off and measure....geesh I am getting lazy! Have to keep the war department happy as well U know!

Back