free website stats program Tools for the road | Harley Davidson Forums

Tools for the road

AZDave

So what tools and other stuff, repair wise, does everyone take with them as they ride down the road in their tool bag? I want to put somethings together and make one up. Or is it just an AAA or AMA tow card?

Do a search, I think its been covered before with good a list.
I carry: HD tool kit, multi-tool specifically for HD, spare plugs, tire plug kit, co2 tire inflator, multi-screwdriver, adjustable wrench, spare fuses, cheap multimeter, flashlight, plug gap tool, tire pressure gauge, tie wraps, misc. other small stuff, maybe more. All of it fits in small canvas tool bag in the corner of the saddlebag.

Bodeen

Harley roadside assistance card,a cellphone and a bible.Then theres the other stuff like tape wire and a sledge hammer that Im sure will get me home.

I have to agree on the AAA road side assistance. I have a small air compressor and some hand tools and the cheap Harbor Frieght multi meter. A spare set of plugs and a couple of bulbs and some fuses. For the most part I don't think that you will fix too much on the road anymore. Bikes are pretty reliable now and if you maintain your bike you should not have problems. My biggest fear is a damaged drive belt somewhere between nowhere. I changed my wheels to cast from spoke so that eliminated another fear of having a puncture in the middle of nowhere.
kemo

There are several companies who sell tool kits. I carry one from Cruiz Tools that has a good assortment of the basics and pretty much has everything I need to do road side emergancy repairs. I can do most things that I would need to do to get back home. If I am on a long trip, I can take care of most things but would have to likely go to a shop to take care of anything major. The last thing I want to be doing on the side of the road is a major repair. I also carry a tire kit with a CO2 inflator, again to get me to a shop, not to necessarily finish the trip.

Fortunately I have not needed to make any repairs on the road, but I have the tools if I ever do.

I agree with the others on the few minor tools but depending on where you ride your may need something for that dog that just won't go away....I prefer a 9mm :D

I only take this tool kit along when traveling on trips. It's pretty easy to stow away, and no I've never had to use it thankfully. I purchased my tool kit through ebay which was substantially cheaper than the price shown here.

beza EK-1HD

Back