free website stats program Tool Kits | Harley Davidson Forums

Tool Kits

KrecoLuke

Hey bro bikers!

I hate to ask this question but does the FLTHCU not come with a tool kit??? I've never had use for it since I've owned the bike but a buddie's hog broke down on the road one day and he asked if I had a screw driver. So, for the first time, I tried to find my tool kit. No could do!
Tell me it ain't so!

Luke

I was informed that the only bike that came with a toolkit ( this in 2008) was the Electra-Glide. I purchased the Windzone toolkit for my bike.

Hey bro bikers!

I hate to ask this question but does the FLTHCU not come with a tool kit??? I've never had use for it since I've owned the bike but a buddie's hog broke down on the road one day and he asked if I had a screw driver. So, for the first time, I tried to find my tool kit. No could do!
Tell me it ain't so!

Luke

My '08 FLHTC came with a tool kit. Well, that's what Harley called it anyway...

Run over to Sears Hardware and get one of those box sets. Remember you will also have to buy a T27 torx driver or bit separately. Very few kits have that included. And make sure you have an Allen socket or Allen wrench for the tranny dipstick. These kind of tools will get you over the simple stuff that might be needed on the road. If you have to pull the rear wheel and inner primary to change the drive belt, you probably won't have the tools you need on the road. Charge your cel phone!!

TQ

No tool kit? Should have come with a Visa Card! Actually mine came with a small kit but I carry a military mechanic's bag with tools. I do all my own routine service and make sure that everything can be done out of that bag. That's the best way to make sure what you need on the road will be in the bag.

My Ultra Classic came with a tool kit but I have augmented it somewhat with some torx sockets, regular sockets, etc. There's plenty of room in the OEM toolkit for extra's

I got the windzone kit, a lot of it is junk, so I replaced what I could, and added . Also bought a saddlebag lid tool pouch, and keep some stuff in there. I figure carry tools for all that could be needed, even If I don't know how to fix something, someone else may. Not sure about everywhere else, but up here in Mich., in my circle any way, if we see a bike on the side of the road, and their helmet is on the ground on the side towards traffic, we know to stop and offer help.

My 08 RG came with a HD tool kit it has some of the basic stuff but I carry a few extra tools also a good set of allen wrenches comes in handy & they will work on the tourqe bit screws also as long as the screws are not to tight . :s

My Father in Law's old Shovel came with a tool kit, in it was a set of "spoons" to remove a tire, a patch kit and a hose you could thread into a sparkplug hole, and use to inflate a repaired tire with one jug of the motor.

Last edited:
My Father in Law's old Shovel came with a tool kit, in it was a set of "spoons" to remove a tire, a patch kit and a hose you could thread into a sparkplug hole, and use to inflate a repaired tire with one jug of the motor.

cool :)
got a pic by chance ?
was thinking about that this morning, what happens if you get a flat
on a long trip.. patch kit, but what about reinflating the tire ?

Back