free website stats program Tool kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Tool kit

tubguy

Im going on my first long (4000km) trip this comming weekend and was going to put together a tool pouch with the essentials. I have looked at the Harley pouch but its like $100, is there a list of what should be taken on the road. I tried to order the windzone but JP out of stock. Any suggestions would be great. Or do I buy the Harley kit and add to it.

Tubguy

I bought a tool roll and a selection of tool that i thought might be useful including
6 combination spanners
8" adjustable spanner
square nose side cutting pliers
set of allen keys
set of torx keys ensure t27 is in there
spark plug socket
screwdriver with multiple heads
vice grip
zip ties
length electrical wire
spare fuses
assortment of nuts bolts and washers (never seem to have the ones i need)
spare spark plugs

Brian

Zip ties, electrical tape are always good to have and take little room to carry with tools:s

If the repair doesn't require adding gas, turning on the ignition, or hitting the start button, my tool kit includes:
1. HOG Touring Handbook
2. cell phone
3. credit card

If the repair doesn't require adding gas, turning on the ignition, or hitting the start button, my tool kit includes:
1. HOG Touring Handbook
2. cell phone
3. credit card

Sounds exactly like my tool kit...lol. I am putting a real one together though, gotta impress the wife somehow. :)

Without making a list my first thing would be a small Vice-Grip and like Jack says. Tie wraps.

Bodeen

The tool pouches from Innovative Storage Solutions are the best I've seen. They are four nylon pouches that fit in the molded voids in the bottom of hard bags, they will hold all the tools and "extra stuff" you need. They are about $60 on-line and made in the USA. I carry the usual spark plug wrench, extra plugs, vice grips, multi-tool, small roll of wire, duct tape, screw driver and such. I also carry my suspension air pump, a small first aid kit, and a can of spare tire, I have laced wheels so a plugging kit wont help. The most important tool I carry is my cell phone and credit card, the days of rebuilding a carb or filing points on the side of the road are long gone, and I don't miss them at all!

Back