free website stats program Too Quiet!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Too Quiet!!

ppofootball

Went riding last Saturday with a group of about 20. All different kinds of Bikes, choppers,softails and a couple other baggers. When I used to ride with these guys and had my Fatboy with the Thunder Header I could hear my Bike. Even though I kept up speed wise, I couldn't tell if my scoot was even running. The only vibration I felt were the surrounding bikes next to me.The SE Nightstick just doesn't have that ummph!! Low and behold, I ordered the new Thunder Header and pipe for my scoot Monday and it will be here Monday the 11th. I know after I install it I have to take it down to get re-tuned because the SERT syncs everything as a system. I am very Mechanically inclined but should I install the pipe or let the dealer charge me an hour and a half labor? It doesn't look too difficult. I tried to search the self help but could not find install instructions for a 2010 Strret Glide 2-1 system. What do you all think?? Also , if I do install will it hurt thew bike or dis color the pipe during my 15 mile trip to the dealer? I have another dealer within about 6 miles but the guy who tunes the bikes there doesnt rub me the right way and his reputation around town is very weak at best. The guy in Miami, I hear is the man. Anyone local heard this. The guys at Petersons in North Miami?

Football,

If you are mechanically inclined why not install the pipes yourself? Have a buddy over to help you line up bolt holes and knock it out. I wouldn't think a short 15 mile ride would be nearly enough to discolor the pipes....especially with the cool weather you guys have right now. I certainly wouldn't go on a long ride 'til you richen up the scoot but you would be find riding down to the dealer to get your scoot tuned. Good luck! Hope you like the pipes.

DIY - exhaust systems are one of the easiest bolt-on upgrades you can accomplish. Especially on a new bike b/c you're not fighting w/years of rusted bolts.

Take your time, read/understand the instructions & make sure you have all the tools & get the exhaust header gaskets from HD (if they didn't come w/your new kit).

Once done, sit back & revel in your glory - then take it for a test ride!

Im gonna install myself tomorrow and take it to get tuned Tuesday. I'll post pics and Dyno improvements Tuesday night or Wednesday. Thanks for the input Men.

you are going to love the deep rumble from that thunderheader, did this to my 2010 flhx w/sert, air filter. 11 more HP. later.

If you can afford the hour let them do it, and then everything is right there at the HDD. You get the job you want done, and you don't have the worry about the pipe, or need to deal with it, or any fit problems that may arise, and generaly do, with an AM part. You have to tune it anyway.

Back