free website stats program Too much oil? | Harley Davidson Forums

Too much oil?

HDHard

I have an 08 Heritage Classic. The other day I took a long ride in this hot weather. Checked the oil when I gassed up and it was at the fill line so I topped it off. Checked it again and it was about 1/2 inch above the full line. Will it hurt anything or should I drain some off?

I have an 08 Heritage Classic. The other day I took a long ride in this hot weather. Checked the oil when I gassed up and it was at the fill line so I topped it off. Checked it again and it was about 1/2 inch above the full line. Will it hurt anything or should I drain some off?

If it is above or even at the full mark, it will usually puke oil out into the air filter. Keep it about 1/4 of the way down under the full mark. Drain off the excess.

You can use a clean turkey baster to suck the excess oil out of the tank.

I would siphon some out of the oil tank as over filling may cause some oil to reach the air filter. My scoot likes to be between the add and full marks (half way mark when HOT). Any more and she pukes it out the filter.

Or what they said :p

IF TOO FULL, the oil cap can BLOW OFF,,,, No joke, read some of the threads and post just on that...:lolrolling

signed....BUBBIE

OK, thanks, I'll get it down to between the lines.

THEN If You Would LET Us Know the results so WE Know if suggesting the lower level WORKS as many times as IT DOES and also on your bike..:D

I like suggesting it More when it works MORE...:bigsmiley8:

Thank You...

signed....BUBBIE

Back