free website stats program Too big for a 48? | Harley Davidson Forums

Too big for a 48?

Mavagrand

Recently sold my FLHTC, looking to get another Harley. I really like the 48 and, as my long distance riding days are over, think it will be a great around the town ride. However, I'm 6'1" tall and weight 230lbs, I'm afraid I'll be cramped on the bike. Anyone my size ride a 48? If so, how does it feel?

Does it have mid controls? If so you could at least put forward controls on to help. And I would put better shocks anyway. You'll probably feel cramped and think it's a hardtail no matter what coming off an FLH, though.
WAP.gif

Uh oh! That didn't take long......:D

If it were me and being of larger stature, I would be looking for a Softail....
Haven't been able to convince anybody to let me ride their Sporty (and I understand) but it feels really small to me..

Uh oh! That didn't take long......:D

If it were me and being of larger stature, I would be looking for a Softail....
Haven't been able to convince anybody to let me ride their Sporty (and I understand) but it feels really small to me..

My wife had one....she got a fatboy

I rode a 48 down at Crystal River Harley when they first came out. I'm 5' 10" and it did feel pretty small. It was a very good handling bike.

OK. Here's the story. I was working a deal with Brandon Harley when I ran across an ad from a local Yamaha dealer. They had a 2015 Star Bolt for sale, asking $4999.00, I went and rode the bike. It's nice. Has a 950cc motor and handles well. Bought it. I preferred a Harley but couldn't resist the price on this Yamaha. So.....I'll still be on this website. :) made too many friends over the years...

Stars are nice bikes. Had a star stratoliner for five years and never had a problem with it. Have fun on the new bike.

Back