free website stats program Tom Tom or Garmin GPS | Harley Davidson Forums

Tom Tom or Garmin GPS

dogdad

I have a few points to redeem from Amex and will probably get a GPS unit for my truck. Any recommendations on the TomTom or Garmin units?

Have a Garmin Zumo which I've been very happy with although I don't have it linked to my lid by BlueTooth or anything very fancy like that. Great not having to muck about with maps and frequent stops if you're in unknown territory.

A few years back i did a wee bit of reserch on satnav software i bought cheep copys of software off ebay and installed on my pda which had a built in gps receiver ended up that the tomtom was the best for me so i now have both navigator 6 and 7 fully paid for and both work well for me although now i only use 7 on my newest pda 6 is installed on the spare
as a field service engineer on computers i often get calls to go to addresses that i dont know and find it an invaluable tool to get to the correct street

Brian

I saw Hobbit using the Tom Tom the other day and it seems a nice product but I'm used to Garmin on the scoot and I have one in the cage too so I guess I like what I'm used to (that's middle-age for ya:s:D).

I use the TomTomOne (1st Generation) and next to the latest TomTom130S recently available with street names. My gal took to using the TomToms like a duck to water and she really does not like technology. She prefers the text mode, where she can see the turn by turns as a list and listens only to the voice prompts. I use the graphics mode that everyone else uses that has the voice prompts and "street level" graphics.

I have very little experience with Garmin, brother in law has it and likes it a lot...but the TomTom seems to be easier to use for the novice and has more intuitive touch menu's, alternate routing and that ease of use sells it. While TomTom has a weather resistant version, big screen with full features and Bluetooth, the Zumo being made for HD motorcycles is more well known...and integrated name branding, mated accessories pricing match up when you get to the $600 mark to be personal choice and name prestige.

I have an early model TomTom and had been very satisfied.................until,it sent me on a wild goose chase in downtown Atlanta:newsmile030: I just use my Iphone now.:D

Back