free website stats program To tune or not to tune | Harley Davidson Forums

To tune or not to tune

Chopper

Here's a little reading on the Harley injection system & the super tuner for anyone interested in learning more about EFI. Anyone using a master tune, power comander, zipper or other tuner, please give me some comparisons on what you like or dislike about the tuner you are using. And anyone with a fueler join in, I would like to here what you like or dislike about the one you're using.

View attachment Super Tuner User Manual 2010.pdf

It might be awhile before you get a reply, 60 pages to read!! Never read that many in high school. Don't know why I didn't pass?

It might be awhile before you get a reply, 60 pages to read!! Never read that many in high school. Don't know why I didn't pass?
The first section has some good info on the HD EFI system the whole thing would bore anyone not using the super tuner, but I did make sure there were some pictures in it before I posted it, just for you geezer and people like me who had to light up in math class so we were deprived of education:)

Excellent info Chopper, would expect nothing less from you. I have a much better idea how it works. Lots going on in the little ECM box. I'm interested in how most things work but I'll leave the tuning to guys like you who know what they"re doing. Some things I don't mind paying for. All I know is I got a TTS put on and the guy who dynoed it tuned it so it runs great, pulls good and starts like it should even when it's hot. Much improved from the Stage 1 down load from Harley.

Anyone using a master tune, power comander, zipper or other tuner, please give me some comparisons on what you like or dislike about the tuner you are using.
Too much reading for me also/too.

i have a Powercommander 3.

I like :
- you configure the powercommander, so if you need to come back at the stock situation, you just have to unplug it to be stock again.
- you can configure it with a simple PC runing their software.
- you can configure it on the bike with a laptop or at home with a 9v battery (when at home i use a multi-voltage supplier, set at 9v).
- if you change something on your bike, you can tune it again, and again, and again, yourself, for free. Or ride it to a dynocenter to tune it for you.
- if you don't have a PC, there are buttons on it to configure low, mid, high, rpms.

i don't like :
- need a dynojet banc in a dynocenter and knowledge to tune it well perfectly. Otherwise you tune it like you'll tune a carburator ... approximately. But that's true for all of the tuners.
- I ride my bike like if i wear a velvet glove on the throttle hand, and to see half an hour of torture of my bike on the dynojet banc was a torture for me too.

--> http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-5909566886802091780&hl=fr

Thanks Chopper! I'm new (1yr 3 months on my 09 RG) to Harley EFI as I had a carbed '02 Sporty for 7 yrs and use to rejets, etc.. So this is good reading and I should learn a lot from Section 2.

Ride safe and have fun.

Back