free website stats program To lean...burned valve. | Harley Davidson Forums

To lean...burned valve.

Fireguy

I am in co. and decided to visit a local HD dealer. While there I talked to the service department about my exhuast and stage1 down load. He recommended having me put on a tuner and dyno to dial my bike in. He said to call a local dealer and get it done. I called 1 of my dealers with a dyno and found out a guy had a 2007 HD with 40,000 miles and found out the valves were WHITE. Damn that california down load. He has the same download as my 2008 UC and is making me a little nervous. Stage1 from HD. Glider....I know you mentioned a company to get a tuner from but how do I know if the setting are right for my bike without a dyno run? Damn california epa. These bikes have a warranty for 2 years and then we are on our own. I want my bike to last for years.

I am in co. and decided to visit a local HD dealer. While there I talked to the service department about my exhuast and stage1 down load. He recommended having me put on a tuner and dyno to dial my bike in. He said to call a local dealer and get it done. I called 1 of my dealers with a dyno and found out a guy had a 2007 HD with 40,000 miles and found out the valves were WHITE. Damn that california down load. He has the same download as my 2008 UC and is making me a little nervous. Stage1 from HD. Glider....I know you mentioned a company to get a tuner from but how do I know if the setting are right for my bike without a dyno run? Damn california epa. These bikes have a warranty for 2 years and then we are on our own. I want my bike to last for years.

Hobbit has you covered.:D

The dealer told me that even the stage 1 down load that california has is still lean. I don't know about other states.

OK...Hobbit and Glider...what programmer do you guys use?

Last edited by a moderator:
The dealer told me that even the stage 1 down load that california has is still lean. I don't know about other states.

OK...Hobbit and Glider...what programmer do you guys use?

Most of the dealer downloads regardless are still lean, I like the TFI for most applications near stock. (stage 1 & slipons)

Is a California Stage 1 Downlod the same as in other states that aren't as strict as CA??? I know in 2010, all states will be on level playing ground as to EPA and CARB, Cars, trucks AND motorcycles.

The Ca downloads are leaner than other parts of the country and also have different systems on the bikes too like the carbon canisters for controlling the fuel vapors.

Yes, Vapor Canister and Cats! I would like to hear from someone outside CA that knows if there really is a difference. If there is, I'm headed to Nevada and have it programed. I'ts had to tell if there may be a difference with the EFI bikes, as most all EFI bikes are built to CA emission specs! I may be chasing my tail.

a stage 1 download isn't going to fix the heat problem no matter what state your in. The only answer and it is minimal is to add an after market tuner, a SE race tuner and dyno time, or wide band o2 sensors. these three are the only way to increase the AFR to a lvl that is noticeable any thing else, ied's or stage 1 stuff will make a small change but not one big enough to notice on a hot day.

When the dealer flashed mine for the rear cylinder shut down it certainly helped with heat reduction at idle. Very noticable! Whatever the program is made up of, it must be something close to a stage 1. I have much better throttle response and exhaust sounds a bit deeper in tone. The rear doesn't shut down in idle, till the head Temp Sensor reaches a certian temp. It just doesn't automatically shut off the instant it goe's into idle mode, as many think.

Back