free website stats program To dyno or not to dyno?? | Harley Davidson Forums

To dyno or not to dyno??

Rafaelw

Going to be using a power vision tuner and a heavy breather for my stage one upgrade along with my rush mufflers ,, will my bike need to be dynoed afterwards?
WAP.gif

No you don't need to but you can't beat a good tune. I have the PV with the autotune pro, I autotuned with a base map I downloaded from Dynojet. I ran it until my 1000 mile check and then took it for a dyno. The dyno-tuned map was allot better as far as performance but it ran hot. I ran a couple autotunes off that map and worked great. Runs cooler and did not hinder performance like I thought it would.

It's a fun little tool, just remember to ride the bike in the area of your riding style and push it a little while you autotune.

Wildwes said it well. A GOOD dyno tune, by someone familiar with PV's will extract every last HP/TQ avail. but running Autotune, and experimenting is more satisfying if that is what you like to do.

I have rode Harleys for 25 years and never had a dyno tune till this year when I bought my road king...so much smoother better running no comparison I would have to say

You have to check to see; Just How Good the Shop/Operator of the dyno IS... ASK others where they took their bike and how it turned out...Wasting 400$ for a bad tune is NOT Uncommon... ME INCLUDED.
I ended up Learning this the hard way believing the HD shop and tune guy as his abilities were Not what they fessed to be....

signed....BUBBIE

I agree with Bubbie. I have a hd stg iv kit in my 09 heritage. Took it to the Big Barn in DesMoines for a tune. They charged me $300 and said I need a rebuild because this bike cannot be tuned. I then took it to Doc's hd in St.Louis and spent another $500 for a tune and ended up with a bike that screams when I want it to.

My bike has stage 1 done with complete exhaust and upgraded A/C. I bought a PV-1 and used the map provided. I am happy with the changes it provided. The bike is running cooler and smoother. I won't be doing a dyno tune on it. That is just me though.

My bike has stage 1 done with complete exhaust and upgraded A/C. I bought a PV-1 and used the map provided. I am happy with the changes it provided. The bike is running cooler and smoother. I won't be doing a dyno tune on it. That is just me though.

Same here. I put breather, exhaust and Dobeck Gen 3 tuner and will not be dyno tuning it!! I have everything I wanted out of it....cooler, smoother, more pep and NO decel popping.

Well I went with the heavy breather , and power vision . Should be getting the bike back this afternoon,, the friend that is doing the upgrade,,, said all will be good without a dyno,,, no reason to spend all that money on pretty much nothing... Thanks fellas for all the input.
WAP.gif

Back