free website stats program Tires | Harley Davidson Forums

Tires

Josh Hellman

So I'm changing my rear tire from a solid rear rim to a mag rim the space in the middle is larger on the mag wheel..what do I have to do special to get it all to fit properly???

I would contact a local indi if you know one and give him the info for what you want to do.
They may have done a conversion on someone else's bike and give you a list of needed spacers to get the alignment set.

Josh Hellman said:
So I'm changing my rear tire from a solid rear rim to a mag rim the space in the middle is larger on the mag wheel..what do I have to do special to get it all to fit properly???

Couple of questions to clarify the issue.

Bike model and year? Are you saying that the width of the mag rim is wider than the solid rim? Or are you saying that the mag wheel hub is wider than the solid wheel hub? The new mag wheel might require different wheel bearings and/or inner spacer than the solid wheel.

Having changing wheels, front and rear, on a couple of bikes, I can tell the OP that changing wheels can get complicated and requires some fore thought before pulling the trigger on a new wheel.

Back