free website stats program Tires and mounting prices | Harley Davidson Forums

Tires and mounting prices

Bigtex4848

Hey guys, I have had my bike for almost 2 years,2002 Fatboy. I haven't got to ride it much due to medical problems. My question is does anyone know how much it would cost me to get a set of Dunlop 402s from a Harley dealership and have them mounted and balanced? I am originally from Texas now living in Chicago, I have always had a friend do it back home, now I am on my own

Welcome to the forum Bigtex, usually dealerships charge 1 hr for mounting and balancing and I would order the tire on-line myself, dealers would want $150.00 or a little more for a rear B/W.

For what it's worth I just got a quote for a rear tire for 08 Ultra Classic.

Dunlop 402 Thin White Wall $180.15 (Harley branded)
Dunlop 404 Black Wall $125.03 (Same tire no Harley brand)

Price is mounted and balanced out the door. (tire on the bike) I am going with black wall this year since front is needing replacement too.

This is in Palm Bay, FL. Shop around a lot of Indy's have some really good deals.

You guys don't even want to know what the dealers up here in Canada charge for a tire and mounting. Try about $450 per wheel give or take. It pays us big time to plan a ride into the Northern States to dealers that are more friendly and helpful. By the way, go with the black wall tires, they look better than the thin white walls do and save you a few bucks.

Dunlop 402 Thin White Wall $180.15 (Harley branded)
Dunlop 404 Black Wall $125.03 (Same tire no Harley brand)

Price is mounted and balanced out the door. (tire on the bike) I am going with black wall this year since front is needing replacement too.

This is in Palm Bay, FL. Shop around a lot of Indy's have some really good deals.

A Rear Tire mounted on the bike with balancing for $125 ?..

That is a lot of work. How on earth do they make a profit.

BigTex,

Welcome to the Forum. You will find a great deal of info in the self-help pages and in the heads of your fellow members.

I agree with Chopper about ordering tires online. The "Motorcycle Superstore" usually has pretty good prices and free shipping once you meet a certain threshold purchase amount. The tires I have bought from them have all been less than a year old when I got them based on the manufacturers' stamp on the sidewall. Check here:

Dunlop D402 Harley-Davidson Blackwall Rear Tire - Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

But as a word of warning, some of the HD Dealerships in this area WILL NOT mount tires on roll ins if the tire was not purchased from them. I take my rims and tires to a local metric bike shop and they are glad to do the mounting and balancing for me for around $35/wheel.

TQ

B The "Motorcycle Superstore" usually has pretty good prices and free shipping once you meet a certain threshold purchase amount. The tires I have bought from them have all been less than a year old when I got them based on the manufacturers' stamp on the sidewall. Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

TQ

Seems like a great place to buy from. I ordered 2 tires on Saturday, received a tracking number by Saturday night and tires came on Tuesday. Free freight (over $75) and no sales tax. Tires were well under a year old.

Back