free website stats program tire stem extensions | Harley Davidson Forums

tire stem extensions

Jick Scott

Only been a new owner for a few weeks, 2010 Road King - FLHR, but checking air pressure and adding air to tires is difficult for this old man. Just wondering if 90 degree stem extensions are available to make this so much easier? If so, which ones would be best and would the wheels need to be rebalanced after installation? Thank you.

I just ordered a new front tire from jake wilson. Free shipping over $99. My bill was $97 so I ordered 2 90 degrew valve stems that brought my bill to $101. Don't know if I will use them or not.
kemo

They make ones that you can screw on, but then you should remove it because they are metal and will affect wheel balance...that is why we recommend using an adapter or angled air chuck...or use the one Glider recommended with reliefs made with a dremel/grinder to fit in easily.

That is what I'm using, Glider. Just thought there must be something easier. When I check the air or add air to the rear, I'm laying down.

That is what I'm using, Glider. Just thought there must be something easier. When I check the air or add air to the rear, I'm laying down.

So what's wrong with that? :D

I do it like that too or you can remove the bag on the right side to do it.

Well, just thought I'd ask. I'll wait till I have to buy new tires and get the extensions. Thanks for your help. I'm sure I'll need you guys again, I'm motorcycle illiterate.

Back