free website stats program Tire Size Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire Size Help

Can anyone out there help me,I have a 2003 fxst standard and want to put a wider tire on the front. Can someone tell me which size to use, do not want Dunlope tires!!!! Thanks lupfxst

be careful of bigger tyres cos any change in height will change the trail n change the handling for the worse. also on the wide glide front end, a wider tyre will twist the front end when braking cos the top triple tree doesnt have any pinch bolts so the trees get out of line with each other, if that makes sense, as if u held the wheel n turned the bars to the side. if you want a wider front end i would recomend a twin brake front end.

Rancid, thanks for the info I do know what you mean by out of line triple tree cause I have that now ,since that old man pulled out in front of me!!!! I just wanted to go wider that skinny tire handles for in gravel!!! Thanks Again Lupfxst

NewHD74Fan, Hey thanks for the info I have a friend that told me the same thing. I havn't been able to get a hold of him to get the tire size. Thanks Again Lupfxst

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my .02 on the wide tire. I changed a WG I had from the 21" to a 19" that fit perfectly. The difference in the overall height was only a bit more than 1/4" but the bike handled well after the change.

This is the 19" wheel.

Attachments

• FXDWG jpg.jpg
    FXDWG jpg.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 28
Don't recall the size 19 possibly a 110 or 130?? , that was about 6 bikes ago but it is the standard size for the bikes like the superglide and low riders. I went the rim and tire replacement but you could have your wheel relaced with a 19" rim and gain the same thing just a bit cheaper.

Very possible Lew. That was many bikes ago and if I had to rely on my memory, I would be in the same boat as RichardS:D

Of all the things Richard has lost,it's his mind he misses the most!:D

Don't recall the size 19 possibly a 110 or 130?? , that was about 6 bikes ago but it is the standard size for the bikes like the superglide and low riders. I went the rim and tire replacement but you could have your wheel relaced with a 19" rim and gain the same thing just a bit cheaper.

Six bikes ago...LOL :D Mainframe get's more upgrades than a Cray...! :rofl

Last edited:
Back