free website stats program Tire Price,,good? | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire Price,,good?

mattmuir

Hello all. I got a price today from an Indy of $485.00 out the door for Dunny E 3's with tax. $ 140.00 is labor. Does this sound in the ballpark? They assure me it will be aligned and balanced. This is for front and back.

Matt

Others will chime in on the good or bad on the price. I remove my tires and rims and take them in to have the tires changed. You want to make sure your getting tires that are not out of date and that they are high speed balanced.

I would take the rims off but am not sure of how tricky the whole alignment deal is. Is it worth the extra $100? To me it may be. I dont know how I would keep the bike upright with no tires on. I may buy some equipment in the future, but for now I think I am stuck with the shop doing it for me.

Nothing wrong with having a shop you trust doing the work. Make sure that they check the bearings on both wheels.

Does this sound in the ballpark?

Even if your not doing the work yourself, without knowing the full tire size number along with load rating you can't begin a price comparison.
Same manufacture--same tire size,, but can come in two different load ratings. Of course there is a price difference.

This is what was given to me. M + 90 D 16 For the front and back

Ooops might be 180/60 HR 16. The other may just be a model #

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooops might be 180/60 HR 16. The other may just be a model #

180/60 HR 16 XXX
Usually 2 digits for a load rating (and 1 letter for a speed rating). I always go with the highest load rating in the size I want. I was amazed how fast you can overload a tire when riding two up. Factor in the dynamics of weight transfer (even at steady cruise) and it is easy to be over.

Don't know if you saw the thread from a couple days ago. The lesson is... Always replace the valve stem.

:D
180/60 HR 16 XXX
Usually 2 digits for a load rating (and 1 letter for a speed rating). I always go with the highest load rating in the size I want. I was amazed how fast you can overload a tire when riding two up. Factor in the dynamics of weight transfer (even at steady cruise) and it is easy to be over.

Don't know if you saw the thread from a couple days ago. The lesson is... Always replace the valve stem.

:D Yep I saw that. I told them that I had an Ultra and rode 2 up. Seemed very certain that these tires are the best for the job.

My rear tire (160/70B17) comes in both a 73H and 79V. 73H=> 805# @ 130 mph. 79V=>963# @ 149mph.

A 2-up payload body weight of 325#'s (Miss Hoople is working on this) plus a 637# dry bike sure doesn't leave you a lot of wiggle room.

Back