free website stats program tire pressures | Harley Davidson Forums

tire pressures

gunnut

Can anyone enlighten me on what my tire pressures should ideally be please,My ride is a '96 wide glide,I carry a pillion sometimes,but more often than not I ride solo.Thanks guys.

The rear should be 36 solo/38 two up and the front 21" is 30 lbs. Check the owners manual for the 21' front pressure, it's been a while.

dont know if this is what is causing your problem but alot of tire dealers can really stack the heck out of tires which will deform/dent the sidewalls with the air pressure lower it lessens up the firmness of the tire and allows the rim to ride lower to the ground and on the sidewall more. with the tire full of air the side wall will be more firm along with the tire overall. have you ever seen and older person install 80 lbs of pressure in a car tire same concept the side wall is nice and stiff and stands straight up and down then when you tell them that the tire is a radial and let the air out to 35 they call you names and tell you that your lying to them but anyways the tire is bulging on the side and the rim is riding lower to the ground and on more of the sidewall.

Doing just fine Gary. Different models run different pressures. Generally speaking the 16" tires run 36-38 and the 21" run 30, then we have the 19" too. Best bet is to check the owners manual for the model in question to be sure you have the right pressures. The pressures can effect handling if not correct.

Look at the left front frame downtube.There's a sticker there that tells the pressures for that bike.Unless you took it off,that is.

Fisher..YOU RITE ON THE MONEY,FOUND THE STICKER,TIRE PRESSURES FRONT 30.,.BACK 40.dOES MAKE IT CLEAR IF THATS WITH OR WITHOUT PASSENGER THO.aNYWAYS,THANKYOU!

Back