free website stats program Tire plug? | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire plug?

Mavagrand

Picked up a small screw in the front tire of my bike coming back from Biketoberfest. The tire is new, only have 2300 miles on it, the screw is small and right in the center of the tread, nowhere near the sidewalls. I have three options, plugging it, putting in a tube or buying a new one. Really don't wanna buy another tire so soon so am looking for advice. I plug tires on my truck all the time and have never had a problem..however, only have one chance with a m/c tire so looking for opinions on this. thanx.

Just imagine that tire rapidly deflating at around 45 mph, and your in heavy traffic, not saying it would happen but there's no reason to invite trouble. I picked up a screw in the back tire only a 1000 miles old. Replaced it. 115 bucks was cheap in my opinion.

Not a tube man at all and the plug would only be a temporary fix till I could get a new one. The new tire is well worth my safety.

Most tubeless tire punctures are simply repairable with an internal tubeless tire patch, which is extremely safe if done correctly.

Spend the money and replace the tire. Your deductible and your safety are worth more than a couple hundred bucks for a tire and peace of mind. It is not worth the risk!

The Stealers will not repair a tire, it is too much of a liability, even if done correctly with a patch plug like I use @ work, I would not trust it on a front tire for sure, JMO:s

I put a plug in a back tire, the mechanic at the dealership said I was nutz, for a short trip no problem, for a long time, get a tube.

NEW TIRE. your life and your bike deserve the best. patching is at best a temporary fix to get home. putting a tube in a tubeless tire is asking for trouble. not only is it not made for a tube but the hole must be sealed to prevent dirt from entering and abrading the tube. blew a new rear and had to replace it. just the breaks of riding.:(

glimmerman the spoke wheels from the factory come with tubeless tires and a tube installed.
kemo

Back