free website stats program Tire inflation | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire inflation

mat 60

I have a 2010 fatboy. My front tire calls for 36psi and rear calls for a whooping 42psi. Both front and rear where a lot more in the center and I only got 7 thousand out of my last rear tire:( I carry no pasenger or sattel bags so Im thinking of droping the rear to 32psi and the frunt to 34psi....What do you think?

For me, safety trumps economics. You may squeeze some extra miles out of your tires but under inflating them causes more heat to build up and increases your chances of a blow out.

Like Tank says, I stick with what the manual recommends.

Sidewall pressure for me. Stay out of that throttle and you may get a little more mileage out of that back. :s

Typically center wear is TOO high of pressure, but with a motorcycle tire things change, I would stick with the manufacturer PSI

Sidewall pressure for me. Stay out of that throttle and you may get a little more mileage out of that back. :s

I thought the numbers on the side wall are what the tire is capable of doing but proper inflation is bike specific and should be referenced to the owners/service manual for the bike in question.

I thought the numbers on the side wall are what the tire is capable of doing but proper inflation is bike specific and should be referenced to the owners/service manual for the bike in question.

Didn't Ford try, and fail at that once? I'm with the other Bodeen sidewall pressure for me. :s

I believe you are 100% correct. Owners manual on my 2000 Ultra states for the rear, 36psi single, 40psi for two up. Pressure needed is determined by load. mat 60, look thru your owners manual again regarding tire pressure. I fear you may have missed something.:)

Tyre pressure in the manual is for the stock tyre if you change to another type of tyre manufacturers web site should give the numbers for your application
Pressure should rise by about 4 psi when hot check cold and hot pressures and set your own

Brian
WAP.gif

Back