free website stats program Tinting a Windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

Tinting a Windshield

CalRider

I'd like to tint the bottom portion of my windshield, mainly for looks only. Has anyone tried this? Bad idea?
Thanks for your input.
Rob
VisitedStatesMap.jpg

Cut 2 inches off my shield an had it tinted 2years ago no problems as off now. Make sure there are no scratches where you want the tint . Only cost me 5 bucks at the shop so even if it goes funny i will just have it removed an done again.

Well...tinting the lower part is really not an issue and would be fine in the pacific northwest states to be sure...:hii

I would use the film so I could remove it if my tastes in the future change. But that is just me...:)

Mine is black & where my windshield bags rub it leaves a mark so I just shoot some black paint on it. I do have a clear one that I cut down & am thinking of going with window tint & put some flames in it.

100_0856.jpg

Toby

Memphis shades sells windshields that are tinted for a reasonable price. I picked one up at the local HD shop on the for sale table after military discounts only paid 32 bucks. Looks great on bike goes from clear on top to black on lower half.

Back