free website stats program Timing | Harley Davidson Forums

Timing

How do i ajust the timing on my 2005 883 sporster

Why does the timing need to be adjusted? Tell us some more about your bike and what type on symptoms it has first. Maybe something else is going on. The timing does not just change by itself

I'm betting he bought new pipes or removed baffles or something. Short answer is $200 download at the dealer. Timing is computerized.

Why does the timing need to be adjusted? Tell us some more about your bike and what type on symptoms it has first. Maybe something else is going on. The timing does not just change by itself

#1 on the timing need more info

I'm betting he bought new pipes or removed baffles or something. Short answer is $200 download at the dealer. Timing is computerized.

2005 sportster is a carbed bike and as such will have a simple ignition module so no download

you will need a clear timing plug it is inserted at the bottom of the v between the cylinders on the right side of the engine remove the small circular cover on the right side of the bike plug a strobe light onto the front cylinder and a 12v source
point the timing light at the clear timing plug and see if the timing marks line up if they dont loosen the pillar bolts on the ignition module under the round cover on the gearcase and adjust the position till the timing marks line up whilst using the strobe light
If this is not enough info please let us know and also consider buying a service manual for your bike as it will have more detailed information about your bike

Brian

Back