free website stats program Time to starting looking for next yrs bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Time to starting looking for next yrs bike

wildey

Ok, tough times hit us and we had to sell our Ultra. But wife is back working and were saving for our next one which we hope to buy in the spring.

This time its going to be a cash deal, no loans. and were probably looking at around $10,000 tops by spring

Were not looking for brand new, rather a used one where someone has already gotten the bugs out of it.

So with that being said from Road kings to Ultras What due you guys think is a better way to go such as Evo, Twin Cam etc

I know that 2003 was the last yr if im correct that the timken bearing was in the bottom end on the Evo, but when did the fuel injection start?

So looking to hear some thoughts of others.

TC Road king prior to 07 is the way I would go. Better drive train than the newer ones with the 96 engine. It gives you all the comfort of the ultras but without the radio and the big seats.

TC Road king prior to 07 is the way I would go. Better drive train than the newer ones with the 96 engine. It gives you all the comfort of the ultras but without the radio and the big seats.

I can't argue with that. I had an 06 Ultra and when I compared that to my 08 Ultra the list of don't likes was much greater such as I hated the larger gas tank cause it would foam up filling it and take forever and the bigger tank made finding a comfortable seat impossible due to the shorter length.

I liked the 6 speed in the sense of lower rpms for crusing, but didn't like the flaws that came with it.

So are Evos less favorable and if so why? I do like the lower idle they have compared to the TC or should I say the sound of the lower idle.

I may be selling mine in the spring, were looking at a new trike,, I live not far from you, we could talk if you like or just PM me. Tim

I may be selling mine in the spring, were looking at a new trike,, I live not far from you, we could talk if you like or just PM me. Tim

Hi Tim,

Are you referring to the 08 you have listed on your profile? Whats your asking price? Since I had the experience of an 08 Ultra I really don't think I want to go back but im listening and feel free to pm me too

Im trying to make sure i am following you here, you want to spend 10,000 on an 08 or newer ultra? Is this right?

Im trying to make sure i am following you here, you want to spend 10,000 on an 08 or newer ultra? Is this right?
No im saying that we should have about 10 grand by spring to shop with. So with that amount im trying gather info on TC or Evo and I had an 08 Ultra and wasnt really please.
WAP.gif

So are Evos less favorable and if so why? I do like the lower idle they have compared to the TC or should I say the sound of the lower idle.

My only concerns with an Evo would be 1) You're looking at least a 14 yr. old bike, so there are those age things to look out for. 2) I would not buy a fuel injected Evo. The Magniti/Morelli units are becoming difficult to get support for. Not bad units, just outdated. There are lots of Evo powered FLH models in great condition. My 20 yr. old Evo still does me proud.

No im saying that we should have about 10 grand by spring to shop with. So with that amount im trying gather info on TC or Evo and I had an 08 Ultra and wasnt really please.
WAP.gif

Dang, what was wrong with the ultra, i love mine, but, i really dont have anything else to compare it to

After the loss of my 03' Heritage Softail Classic ( due to being rear-ended at 35-40 mph while sitting dead still at a red light by an illegal alien that fell asleep while driving---hit and run ) I replaced it 5 mo. later with an 03' Electra Glide Classic that I bought off E-Bay, site unseen, out of Palm City, Florida for $12,000 with only 2,551 miles on it. I really loved my Softail but there is no comparison to this Glide. I have never ridden a bike that rode and handled like this one---I now know why cops ride these ! I really lucked out because the guy that originally purchased this bike special ordered it carburated-----it runs like a top and still looks brand new! Color Me Happy-Happy-Happy !!!!!!!!

Back