free website stats program Ticking sound from the back left side | Harley Davidson Forums

Ticking sound from the back left side

hkhajah

Theres a ticking sound from my bike on the back left side, when im riding i can hear it, specially when im on 5th gear and driving 80km then i give it a little gas then i can hear it clearly, it sounds like its coming from near the bolt area, not sure where....
any sugestions..?

no they seem.... fine
our HD dealer here fired the main Mechanic... and we are stuck with an unqualified 1 who doesnt know much about these things , im just worried he might make it worse...

Theres a ticking sound from my bike on the back left side, when im riding i can hear it, specially when im on 5th gear and driving 80km then i give it a little gas then i can hear it clearly, it sounds like its coming from near the bolt area, not sure where....
any sugestions..?

where is the "bolt area"?

that's the axle bolt if it's not something loose or rattling like your belt guard it could be a wheel bearing. I would check the belt and the pulley for abnormal sings of wear incase you got a rock or something in there, and go from there.

If you can get the back wheel in the air rotate the tire by hand and try to locate the noise that way. if that doesn't help make sure the bike is very secure and start put it in gear to see if you can hear where it's coming from.

any sugestions..?

That my friend, is the famous lean burn Ping/Detonation you hear! What R's are you turning when you crank on the throttle? I'm dealing with the same issue right now with the dealer and HD. They have already preformed the ETH flash, which has helped a little and gaind a hell of a lot better throttle response. The ETH shuts down the rear cylinder at idle to reduce engine heat. Next may bee a free stage 1 Download if this doesn't help. What will help is, take that gear higher in the rpm range before shifting.

Hi Bloch Head, i have installed PWC III on the the bike which cancels the sensors in the engine.... so i dont think its from that. as i moved the bike on the off condition it made the sound. tick... tick... it sounded like it came from the axel itself... i just took an apointmen to have it checked and changed by the dealer here, the only problem now is that i got to wait till the 25th of august.... they have only 1 mechanic :(
Would it be okay if i ride it on the weekend or do you guys sugest i dont... ??

Back