free website stats program Thunderheaders | Harley Davidson Forums

Thunderheaders

SargeWW

I have an 09 heritage and I want to know what people think about putting Thunderhearders on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
T headers are a decent system but if you look at any of them with some miles on them, they discolor pretty bad. IMO that would be enough to look for another 2 into 1 system. JMHO.

I agree with Glider that exhaust sounds are often based on personal taste. I would suggest listening to the many different exhausts on fellow rider's bikes and talking with them when you hear the sound type/level you want on yours. I have met very few bikers that do not enjoy talking about their own rides & upgrades. Ride safe...

Pawpaw01, Thanks for your thoughts. On my sporty it was easy.. When I bought the bike it came with thunderheaders. LOL...

Last edited:
Thunderheaders are a nice looking exhaust but they are very loud, IMO. Supertrapp makes an excellent 2 into 1, in fact, almost every Thunder Mountain bike comes with a ST 2 into 1 on it. They make excellent "usable" power and are tunable as well.

I like my ThunderHeader. Great sound. I haven't noticed any dicolorqation yet and I'm at about 8500 miles.

I had Thunderheaders on an ultra a few years back, made my ears bleed and no one wanted to ride behind me... Now I have Vancin Hynes Monster Ovals - they have a low rumble and because the exhaust chamber is so large there is room to move the gas out to get better motor performance without the really loud noice... exhaust is personal choice - think about your riding style, hours, traveling pals and neighbors when making the choice - good luck!

I have 38.000 miles on my Thunderheader and LOVE IT :D no real discoloration to speak of...do you like the sound or the look of a Thunderheader?

Back