free website stats program thunder-max | Harley Davidson Forums

thunder-max

jws118

looking to put a thunder-max efi on my 09 dyna. 103,255cams 10:1,rinehart crossback pipes. dyno at 94hp.would like to know if anyone has used thundr-max.

There's some members on the forum that run the T Max like "eleft36" as only one.

They are a nice unit but for a street ridden bike, I feel they are a bit of overkill myself and it's difficult to justify the price too.

looking to put a thunder-max efi on my 09 dyna. 103,255cams 10:1,rinehart crossback pipes. dyno at 94hp.would like to know if anyone has used thundr-max.

You've already spent X$$$ on a dyno tune, hopefully it runs well and gets reasonably good fuel mileage. My advice is ride it as much as you can.

I have a TMax (a very easy to use tuning tool) on my '07 Softail Custom for 26000+ miles and get excellent results for the engine modifications I have made, I am now a DIYer after retiring 13 years ago from my business; auto, truck and heavy equipment repairing for 43 years.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

There's some members on the forum that run the T Max like "eleft36" as only one.

They are a nice unit but for a street ridden bike, I feel they are a bit of overkill myself and it's difficult to justify the price too.

Hi Glider,

Bike is running like a swiss watch, turning 28,500 miles.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Al

I have no regrets with the extra $ I spent on the T-Max, bike runs great, I dont have much experience with other tuners so I can't say its better but I can say it works and does what they say it will do. Good enough for me.

I have no regrets with the extra $ I spent on the T-Max, bike runs great, I dont have much experience with other tuners so I can't say its better but I can say it works and does what they say it will do. Good enough for me.

Chas.
The features the TMax have are not extra $, they are the design benefits of the tool.
The ease of making changes to your bikes full tune and ratio corrections.
The monitor, actual ride recording function, allows for replay showing air fuel ratio and timing at speed and throttle position live on the map pages. Changes are easily made by moving a simple square up or down on the corresponding map page, no complicated number blocks or graphs.
Tuning changes can be made live, bike running.
It auto tunes air fuel ratio up to a 20% offset, which starts anew after using the "run auto map" function, to match your current map settings.

Cam and cubic inch changes require timing and fuel changes at different throttle positions, it's a simple task with the TMax at no extra cost.

It's not married to the bike, remove it, replace the stock ecm and sensors and it's re-useable.

It's all Do It Yourself.:D

Al

Back