free website stats program thumping trans | Harley Davidson Forums

thumping trans

chuck60

Today I took my bike to Stone Mountain Harley Davidson to have them test ride it, because of the hard shifting and loud shifting. After a short ride around the parking Lott, they decided that there is something wrong. It is either the compensator or something else in the transmission, they are going to start work on it on Monday. I bought this bike ( 2012 street glide ) from Athens Cycle World last November and after 2 days of riding it, I told them there was something wrong with the transmission, they had me bring it back and said it was fine. So after another week I brought it back and they handed me a paper that said it was fine, long story short it's not fine and I am very happy that Stone Mountain took it for a ride before saying it was fine. So I will bring the bike to them tomorrow and get it back next week. I am hoping after it is fixed, it will be the bike that it should be.

I think perhaps you have now found a better dealer and if they look after you well perhaps you should visit them more often

Brian

For some reason some dealers don't like to do warranty work. Guess theres not much money in it!

It is easier to fix something that broke than it is to trouble shoot, identify, and fix something that was never right in the first place.

I got my bike back today and was told the cluch was to tight, so they made it lose with to much play, can the slack be taken out with out opening the primary?

For some reason some dealers don't like to do warranty work. Guess theres not much money in it!

You are correct, that said some one has to do it, The MOCO stand behind the parts, and you would think in this slow economy ALL techs would be HAPPY to be working, I know I did more than my share of WARRANTY work @ sears I did this because it was my job, and I took care of MY crew freeing them up to make money

Back