free website stats program Throw out bearing in trans not installed @ factory/ 09 sg | Harley Davidson Forums

Throw out bearing in trans not installed @ factory/ 09 sg

Hello to all , on my 09 sg (800 mi.) i had complained to the dealer several times about excessive noise coming from the trans during idle @ (normal operating temp)and i had trouble finding neutral. I have no experience with 6 speeds only 5 speeds and they are 10 times quietter than these new 6 speeds ! Anyway they got tired of me complaing so they scheduled me for service early this week 5-12 , the dealer then informed me that the throwout bearing was never installed from the factory, however both thrust washers and the retaining clip were in place . If any of you hear strange sounds or don't feel something is right have it checked out asap . Old/ school

Wow, odds of that happening are very slim. Just took a tour of the HD Factory with a Harley engineer (the guy that designed the twin cam) and he showed/explained their quality control program....it's spot on. I'm sure HD will make it right.

Back