free website stats program Throttle Sticking on 09 SG | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle Sticking on 09 SG

SG Eric

I just installed new grips on my SG, But the throttle is sticking. I had some HD after market on it before with no problems for 25,000 miles. Now I put on some foam Drag Specialties grips. Has anyone had this problem or any suggestions .

I am not really familiar with the new throttles, but could the grip be pushed too far onto the handlebars?

This is almost always the result of the grip being pushed too far inboard before tightening everything up. Loosen the screws on the switch housing, move it and the grip outboard just a smidge (hold the switch housing at this point and make sure there's no binding in the grip), and then retighten everything.

I reinstalled everything and adjusted the switch housing as the Dr discribed also used a little emory cloth to smooth the inner plastic of the grip. All is working fine now thanks for the help everyone

Good deal, when working with controls, it is good to double safety check for fit and function...especially brakes and throttle controls, would not like to take to the road with questionable control actuation...but that goes without saying!

Back