free website stats program throttle issue | Harley Davidson Forums

throttle issue

revok1200

my friends electraglide is Throttle By Wire. Yesterday while riding the check engine light came on and he lost the throttle. Bike never shut down, just no throttle. Pulled over, restarted the bike, all good, went a few hundred yards same deal. Restarted again, took off, no problems?

Any ideas?

Has your friend checked to see if there are any codes? My first guess would be the throttle twist grip sensor.

my friends electraglide is Throttle By Wire. Yesterday while riding the check engine light came on and he lost the throttle. Bike never shut down, just no throttle. Pulled over, restarted the bike, all good, went a few hundred yards same deal. Restarted again, took off, no problems?

Any ideas?

Has your friend checked to see if there are any codes? My first guess would be the throttle twist grip sensor.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/t-2362.html Start here

Check for codes like Jack said, there is a TSB for I belive p2135 code. they had some problems with a bad connection at the throttle body motor plug. if thats the case unplug it make shure it is clean and put dielectric grease in the plug.

My wifes 2011 ultra three wheeler did the same thing last night. It is showing a code P 1511 and P 2101.
She started the bike up and it was in high idle and had no throttle at all. She killed it and restarted and was fine on the way home. About six blocks.
Will ride again Sat. and see if it does it again.

Back