free website stats program Throttle handle response 93 sportster | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle handle response 93 sportster

Not quite understanding this, if you want the throttle to be less sensitive adjust the thumb screw a bit this will add friction, but not too much or it may stick

Sorry, hard to explain. I want to get full throttle after 1/2 turn of the grip, now its more like 2 turns:/

Your throttle should be 1/2 to 2/3 turn from idle to WOT. Have you taken the housing apart to make wure the cable is running in the groove of the throttle drum?

Your throttle should be 1/2 to 2/3 turn from idle to WOT. Have you taken the housing apart to make wure the cable is running in the groove of the throttle drum?

Throttle sleeve slipping?

I have a set of 1/4 turn grips-- if you want full throttle real fast these are the ones for you -- they have never been installed and are in the original package- if your interested send me a pm ---

No, but that sounds like an possible fix:)

Throttle sleeve slipping?

No, that's not the problem;) ty

No, but that sounds like an possible fix:)

No, that's not the problem;) ty

Sorry, was the grip sliping, just when I test it I grip with 5 fingers, when I ride 3... Problem solved. But still a 1/4 must be better:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, was the grip sliping, just when I test it I grip with 5 fingers, when I ride 3... Problem solved. But still a 1/4 must be better:)

Glad you found your problem. The 1/4 turn throttle is going to be very touchy when you ride. Any bumps in the road or anytime you enter a turn your throttle will be very quick to respond. This type throttle is generally used in racing situations.

Glad you found your problem. The 1/4 turn throttle is going to be very touchy when you ride. Any bumps in the road or anytime you enter a turn your throttle will be very quick to respond. This type throttle is generally used in racing situations.

Just how I like it:) And also the fingers on the brake lever stops most unwanted turning of the throttle due to bumps and stuff.

Back