free website stats program Throttle by Wire Extension | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle by Wire Extension

sprinklerfitter669

I am going to be installing a set of new bars o n my 2010 RK.
When i was at the dealer pricing the parts guy told me that i would have to have their techs adjust the computer because of extending the THB wire for resistance?
I Talked to Hill Country customs, and they said you do not have to adjust?

I also talked to several people with the same diferent opinions.

Any body know if this is true, that if i extend the wire i have to have the computer adjusted?

Hill County Customs is correct.

Think about it. If the "system" could really see the resistance in 6" of wire,, we would have much larger problems to deal with. All throttle by wire bikes would be throwing codes like crazy caused from connector resistance alone. (pin to pin)

(Now of course use the same gauge wire for all 6 connections. That goes without saying. Make sure you also use the special fretting lube,,, not just di-electric grease. They are not the same)

You might consider looking at a company called Novel. They make wire extentions for TBW systems. They claim to be direct plug-ins with different lengths for your needs.

Hill County Customs is correct.

Think about it. If the "system" could really see the resistance in 6" of wire,, we would have much larger problems to deal with. All throttle by wire bikes would be throwing codes like crazy caused from connector resistance alone. (pin to pin)

(Now of course use the same gauge wire for all 6 connections. That goes without saying. Make sure you also use the special fretting lube,,, not just di-electric grease. They are not the same)

Thats what i thought.
What is fretting lube? and where do you get it ?

If you can find Nyogel, its what we use here on the rig for our Variable Frequency drives. Best stuff we have ever found. I havent posted enough to submit a link. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back