free website stats program Throttle body and engine swap | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle body and engine swap

ultrahogrider

I have a chance to buy a new 103" motor with zero miles to replace the 96 in my 2007 Ultra. The throttle bodies have to be swapped out as the late model is electric throttle versus cables on my 2007. Screaming Eagle has a upgrade 50mm cable unit 27623-05A, or I use my throttle body with 103 injectors.. Will either mount up to 2016 103 heads?

I would use your present throttle body. P/N 27609-01B is for the Injector on a 2012 FLHTC.
If you cross ref. that to yrs used it goes back to about 01-02. You would have to switch out a lot of stuff for throttle by wire, includes ECM. Not sure about the head for 2016. Why you want to swap? 50mm unit is for bigger Inch motors IIRC.
tourbox

I realize mine is cable. The 50mm throttle body I referenced is also cable, not wire. 50mm is the size on all 103's from the factory according to the dealer. The fly by wire body on the new engine I am looking at is 50mm. Racing applications go with 58mm. My throttle body is 46mm, as are all 96". And the throttle body on my 07 Ultra is part 27708-06. I have no idea what part number you referenced.

I realize mine is cable. The 50mm throttle body I referenced is also cable, not wire. 50mm is the size on all 103's from the factory according to the dealer. The fly by wire body on the new engine I am looking at is 50mm. Racing applications go with 58mm. My throttle body is 46mm, as are all 96". The main question is will either my throttle body or the 50mm replacement bolt up to a 2016 103 motor? I suspect it will.

Last edited:
I have a chance to buy a new 103" motor with zero miles to replace the 96 in my 2007 Ultra. The throttle bodies have to be swapped out as the late model is electric throttle versus cables on my 2007. Screaming Eagle has a upgrade 50mm cable unit 27623-05A, or I use my throttle body with 103 injectors.. Will either mount up to 2016 103 heads?

Why go to the trouble and expense to swap motors when all you need is the new 110" bolt in kit. HD offers a 58mm cable operated T/B for your application; PN27639-07; you will need the intake manifold and injectors as well. A 50mm would work up to 100HP but a 110" motor with the right cams and tune will break 100HP easy. Your head will fit but without porting they will be a bit of a bottleneck for a larger T/B. Use a .040" Cometic MLS head gasket and cams like S&S 585 or Andrews 55.

Exchanging motors makes no sense at all with the parts that are available. JMHO.:s

Attachments

• 110 Big Bore Kit.jpg
    110 Big Bore Kit.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 9
Bore the 96" cylinders to 107", and in a touring set-up, an Andrews 57 at 10.0 cr would be a HOME RUN.
Trim the squeeze back a bit and an S&S .583 would pile-drive the torque in double-quick, as would a Wood TW-5-6.

ultrahogrider. the P/N I referenced was the Injector P/N for a 2012 103'', as stated in post.
tourbox

Bore the 96" cylinders to 107", and in a touring set-up, an Andrews 57 at 10.0 cr would be a HOME RUN. Trim the squeeze back a bit and an S&S .583 would pile-drive the torque in double-quick, as would a Wood TW-5-6.

Would have to seriously hog out TC96 heads to reduce CCP to a reasonable level to run the 583 cams; take that option off the table.

Even the 57 is on the cusp and would very likely require sinking valves, etc. to drop the CCP under 200psi depending on how the stock chambers measure out.

Would have to seriously hog out TC96 heads to reduce CCP to a reasonable level to run the 583 cams; take that option off the table.

Even the 57 is on the cusp and would very likely require sinking valves, etc. to drop the CCP under 200psi depending on how the stock chambers measure out.

Squish band and valves hitting could be a problem, I would clay up the motor with a couple different head gaskets just to be sure JMO
Harley Davidson Forums
Read here

Squish band and valves hitting could be a problem, I would clay up the motor with a couple different head gaskets just to be sure, JMO,

Mocking up any motor pre-assembly is always a good idea. However, one does not need mocking up to take the 583 cams off the table with a 107" motor and OEM chamber volume heads; CCP is in the 220psi range. I doubt the motor would even turn over.:icon_wink:

Back