free website stats program Three color powder coat | Harley Davidson Forums

Three color powder coat

Wild Bill NV

THis is a Sportster I bought for my girlfrind that sits too long LOL She has RA and the vibration is a bit too much for a her. Looking to get her a Dyna, but in the meantime, I get tired of seeing the bike sit so I keep changing her :bigsmiley12: She is a 2000 1200 and about 3500 miles on her with the usual mods. Cam, pipes, some braided lines and the powder coat.

Attachments

• sporty.jpg
    sporty.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 156
Pretty sweet - like the "easter egg die" look on those tins & parts. Tell your GF to rack some miles on that nice scoot, or sell it to me so I can show it off...:s

THis is a Sportster I bought for my girlfrind that sits too long LOL She has RA and the vibration is a bit too much for a her. Looking to get her a Dyna, but in the meantime, I get tired of seeing the bike sit so I keep changing her :bigsmiley12: She is a 2000 1200 and about 3500 miles on her with the usual mods. Cam, pipes, some braided lines and the powder coat.

Nice color! Did you do that yourself? I would like to learn how to paint them! :bigsmiley12:

Thanks Iceman, if fact I am changing out the tail lights and posting it this week on craigslist to see if there is any interest. She rode a dyna not long ago and she seemed to do well on it, so sell one, buy another lol

df, if you check you local checker auto parts, many of them have paint shops inside. The cheap way to learn is to get some good quality paint in rattle cans and play around with it before buying the whole spray rig. That way you can learn techniques, finishes and proper sanding. No, I did not do it my self as I do not have the gear to bake the powder coat on. Powder coat is a whole different animal. I enjoy painting, but wanted to do something different for my girl :) Good luck and have fun with it. Remember, its only paint and you can always go over it or sand it back down. Start with an old tank or even just a sheet of metal from you local home depot.

Back