free website stats program Thoughts on types of oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Thoughts on types of oil

GimmeFuel

A friend of mine recommended a full synthetic oil, 'Red Line'. Do you guys think it's really necessary to put a full synthetic in your machine?

I've been running synthetic on my m/c engines since it was introduced to the market. Can't beat the added lubrication factors for air cooled machines. Recall using Amsoil in our Polaris free-air snowmobile back in mid 70's & that was the stuff to beat (at the time). Tank can get you a good deal...

I am a firm believer in synthetics ( other than Syn3 ). I used Amsoil for years and never had the first issue, so I'm not knocking Amsoil's produts at all, just got tired of haveing to order the stuff all the time and pay shipping costs. Maybe it's me just getting older & not wanting the hassle but I changed to M1 cause it's readily available to just walk in the store, pick it up, come home and change my oil.

We spend a lot of $$$$ on our bikes an do not think twice about it. So why not put the best oil available to us in our steeds and ride many uncompromised miles..

Back