free website stats program This wouldn't happen in my 4x4. | Harley Davidson Forums

This wouldn't happen in my 4x4.

riverman

Well I took the new fxdc out for a quick run this'arvo.I needed some fuel,so pulled into the servo to fill her up.About then I noticed an attractive young lady on a scooter at the next pump over.Well she looked over,gave me a smile and said hello.Hmm now that dos'nt happen when i'm filling the truck up.So off I rode into town,had to stop and let some pedestrians cross in front of me.Well lo and behold the last pedestrian was another attractive young lady and she glanced my way,gave me a smile and waved at me also.Nope,that would'nt happen if I was in my 4x4 truck.Oh did I mention that I LOVE my new harley!:s

Well I took the new fxdc out for a quick run this'arvo.

:33: What's an 'arvo?

I used to get the occasional smile from the ladies when I was on the bike, but not lately. Maybe I should start wearing a full face helmet with tinted shield? :D

I got a thumbs up from an old homeless guy on my way to work, but then again he gives everyone a thumbs up so it really isn't the same at all...nevermind.

Some of the pretty young gals wave and then notice I look old enough to be their Grandpa so they do that old "turn the wave into a head rub thing" and look the other way.

Go figure...:lolrolling

I used to get the occasional smile from the ladies when I was on the bike, but not lately. Maybe I should start wearing a full face helmet with tinted shield? :D

I get smiles and waves (mainly stray cougars) BUT only when I've shaved. Otherwise the grey stubble makes me look a little too old and grungy.:bigsmiley28:
Use to get lots of smiles and waves 28 yrs ago when I had my black Z28:p.

I really think part (maybe a small part) is due to the fact most of us wear a 1/2 coverage helmet, so the onlooker can see the BIG SMILE :D on your face. Hobbit, you must not smile big enough on your "unmolested" Sportster, because I certainly run into a lot of people who smile and wave, EVEN those young gals riding in SUVs, solo or with a boatload of kids...will wave and smile! Guys not so much...they're the ones who look over their shoulder then quickly turn away to try to ignore you but you can see the envy in their eyes just before glancing away.:no

Back