free website stats program This rattle is driving me Crazy! | Harley Davidson Forums

This rattle is driving me Crazy!

07DynaSB

Hey Guy's, Need a little advise here. My 07 Softail Deluxe has a rattle in the front end that's driving me crazy. Its not head bearings, they have been checked by Dealer. It sounds like a loose nut bouncing around in the headlight bucket when I hit a bump or ride on grass or gravel. Like a tin sound. I removed the headlamp, and windshield but its still there. Any advise as to where to check next. I hate to tear down the complete front end but I think it might be in the tubes! thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 17
Check two front gas tank screws.

Never happened to me, but read somewhere somebody was chasing a rattle and that's what it turned out to be and easy enough to check.

Also look over exhaust pipes and heat shields carefully. May not be something loose, maybe rubbing..??

Good luck.

I see a wind screen in the pic. When you hear the noise, do you have the windscreen on? If so, try riding it with the wind screen off. Wind screens have a tendency to make noises appear to be coming from a different place. Ride it with-out and see if the noise changes positions.

You say RATTLE... How often is it doing this?

Is it One Noise or a RATTLE...

Constant at times or Just a single Noise?

Is it a different rhythm or is it constantly all the same...???

signed....BUBBIE

Even when I go slow across the grass in the yard the little vibration make it tingle and clink, clink. Someone can walk beside the bike and hear it as I ride down the drive way. Its a metal-metal sound. And at speeds on the highway with windshield on or off you can hear it when you hit a rough place or bump in the road. Just like a loose nut in the headlight bucket, but its not, I checked. I just don't think it can be in the front tubes, do any of you? thanks

Back