free website stats program This definately will raise your heartbeat.. | Harley Davidson Forums

This definately will raise your heartbeat..

Safehaven

Now I know this video contains a lot of things frowned upon here..

1) Electric bikes
2) Sport Machines
3) Power ranger outfits

But I would still like to share this with you as I think it is very very impressive..

2010 TTXGP: ROUND 1 INFINEON RACEWAY. Full Race

The film features the first American all electric race at the infineon raceway. Basically, it is a 45 minute duel between 2 guys, one on a really really fast machine and an other who is much more agile..

If you have a short attention span, you might want to tune in at around the 17:00 mark.

Take care,

I didn't get a chance to see it all, but how fast are these things going? Man that yellow bike just pulled off like a dart when it came out of the turns.

That's the future!
Electric engines are way more efficient than endothermic ones.
The electric cross bikes are simply amazing: the acceleration is unbeatable!

But I'm just thinking: what kind of batteries were those bikes equipped with?
They lasted sooo long at max performance...
I always think that technology is there, but other "forces" keep it hidden for promoting oil usage instead...:s

The only problem is... noise: almost absent!
That is a problem in traffic when other people can't hear you coming.

For safety reasons, then, long life to those fuel wasters of Harley Davidson bikes!
:D

Ciao
Ugo

Puts a completely different meaning into the words Electra Glide. 11 laps and he still did a burnout at the end.

Makes me want to convert the Road King to electric.

That stuff is pretty cool!

On a side note: I'll bet they are burning fossil fuel over at Moss Landing Power plant to make the electricity. The Cal EPA is working O/T to shut down the power plants near the ocean. Very dumb idea but, what the hey, no one really gives a darn... Those environazis are gaining momentum every day. When we are all riding around on camels (and I don't mean the kind you smoke- they're outlawing tobacco too, and Happy meals...or BBQs - I'm not kidding), they will have won.

The sound factor is for sure something I would miss greatly :) It's one of the reasons I ride the bike that I do!

But then again, maybe we can install some speakers on our future low riders and load some nice soundbites on them. haha.

The torque of the yellow bike is indeed amazing, I wonder what happened that he dropped back in the second half of the race.

I'd like to try one of those one day.. Must be very strange to zip through the wind without that lovely potato-potato sound :)

If you liked this video of electric bikes watch this year's coverage of the Isle of Mann on the Discovery channels for the US viewers. Also some great action and racing on the gas powered sport bikes. Love Harleys but I have to take my hat off and salute these riders who do this course. Racing starts Saturday June 5th....check it out.

Back