free website stats program This Cold Weather Can Go | Harley Davidson Forums

This Cold Weather Can Go

liquid_wrench

Away,

I've had the heat on since early October and already paid $1600 dollars in propane. The extended forecast is calling for below normal temps for at least 10 days. I will get my tank filled again in about 3 weeks (500 gallon tank) so my grand total for heat this season will be about $2000 dollars.That's a record for me. Enough already. We have had a lot of cold and high winds this winter.... I live in northern Ohio and I'm ready for spring. How did I end up in Ohio.....can I blame it on me parents?......lol

Sunday night is supposed to be -4,not the wind chill,-4.I didn't even know they had propane heat.I've only had gas,or oil.Oil is sooo expensive and dirty, it's about outdated.

Sunday night is supposed to be -4,not the wind chill,-4.I didn't even know they had propane heat.I've only had gas,or oil.Oil is sooo expensive and dirty, it's about outdated.
Yeah we’ve had propane heat here since the 60s...We live out in the country so it’s either that or electric heat or wood. I have a 140,000 btu boiler. Fuel oil is As bad as kerosene for price.

We have had a mild winter until February, average temp has been 15* below normal, and we received 29.5 inches of snow putting the month in 2nd place for the most in the last 100 years, these readings are from the airport. At our house we surpassed the official amount by at least 10 inches.
Hope we don't have another spring were we still snow into June again.
As for heating fuel, we have gone thru 450 gallons of waste oil here at the shop during February alone.

We have had a mild winter until February, average temp has been 15* below normal, and we received 29.5 inches of snow putting the month in 2nd place for the most in the last 100 years, these readings are from the airport. At our house we surpassed the official amount by at least 10 inches.
Hope we don't have another spring were we still snow into June again.
As for heating fuel, we have gone thru 450 gallons of waste oil here at the shop during February alone.
I hear you,

We’ve had our fair share of snow too but it’s the cold and wind that is kicking our butt this year. We had 65 mile an hour winds last weekend.

First 2 weeks in feb temp rarely got above freezing point 0* centigrade 2nd 2 weeks of feb highest temp for feb broken in all parts of UK Scotlands previous high was 125 years old here we had 17* c on a few days i was always at work when it was really nice however cooling down fast and snow on the way in the next few days
i am waiting for parts to arrive for one storage heater so it is off and it heats most of the house so for now mainly using the wood burner and have enough fuel for it in stock for about a year for it so i will keep warm anyway
Even if it starts off as a calm day the wind picks up by mid day
And the midgies have been out in force the last couple of weeks

Brian

The Highland midge small biting insect that is particularly aggresive the females bite they need a blood meal to produce more eggs after their first batch
they breed in damp soil Scotland is all damp soil and sparsley populated they will travel up to 1 kilometer for a blood meal if you are the only warm blooded creature in the area all the females usually in the thousands in the area will converge on you for a meal
they dont like wind speed above 6mph dont like the sun dont like humidity below 75% need temp to be above 7* centigrade
Deer in Scotland always go for high ground where the wind speed is higher to get away from them
Midgies is the Scottish word for them anyone that has been here in warmer times will know exactly what they are
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_midge

Brian

Back