free website stats program Thinking of getting a 1973 BMW R75/5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Thinking of getting a 1973 BMW R75/5

BuffaloBill

Hey guys
In my younger days iI had a new 73 Norton Commando that I crashed then purchased a 74 Guzzi V7 Sport and a never owned a BMW I was wondering if anyone has ridden 1 of these old scoots I still have the 09 RKC but looking for a project bike while car project is in the body shop

any thoughts??
Thanks
Bill

I was manager of a Yamaha/BMW dealership in the early 70's, when BMW was touted to be the premier touring bike of the world. I had a R75/5 demo bike for a while (with a Vetter Windjammer fairing). Power was good, it was smooth and handled ok. Parts were very expensive then, I can only imagine what they cost now. For the right price, it would be a good project.

I had a 75 bonnie and later an 80 guzzi le mans and in 2000 i got an 81 BMW R100 RT airhead touring bike it was very well made it was fast enough 127 mph smooth and comfortable and handled well it was in a wee bit of a bad way when i got it and i did a full nuts and bolts restoration over 3 winters
However i thought it was missing character and soul and i never rode it again after i got my sportster

Brian

Back