free website stats program Thinking about a used Wide Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Thinking about a used Wide Glide

Mavagrand

Hey folks, I sold my FLHTC about a year ago, wife quit riding with me. I want another scoot and thinking hard about buying a Wide Glide. I would like to go with a used one. I don't have any experience with this model or with the 103" motor. If looking used, what are the things I should focus on? have there been any known common issues with the model that were addressed with a recall or TSB? Anything specific about the motor/tranny that I should look for? Thanks.

My preference has always been the older ones with the solid rear wheel and the spoke front wheel. 2008 and back. The long, lean and mean look...

I think the Wide Glide is the best looking bike Harley makes. If you are inseam challenged, the forward controls may make long trips uncomfortable for you. The skinny 21" front tire can be twitchy on some road surfaces, but most riders get used to it. The small headlight won't light up the road like your FLHT did.

Mark, if you have the VIN you can check thru HD.com on recalls, other than that in 2012 HD recalled some for a brake problem

+ 1 on the dyna wide glides, if your in the market for an earlier model, your in luck. There
Seems to be an abundance of nice fxdwg's on the market now, priced right.

Back