free website stats program Thinking about a Softail Heritage | Harley Davidson Forums

Thinking about a Softail Heritage

Indadman

I currently ride a 2016 Honda F16. I really like the bike, and its reliability is off the chart. Two problems, though.
  1. I have a 28" inseam, and I can never get flat footed on the bike...which can sometimes be a little uncomfortable.
  2. I have been studying the Softail Heritage and actually rode one a couple of years ago (really liked the torque). However, one of the things that bothered me was the fact that the bike required tubed tires. I take very long trips, and need to be able to repair a tire quickly. Recently, I found out that HD is offering the 2022 Softail Heritage with cast wheels and tubeless tires...I'm being tempted.
  3. I have always wanted a Harley...I love their looks and that sound!
I am just getting past back surgery and will not be able to ride until at least late March, but I am certainly being tempted by the Softail Heritage. I will be doing one-up touring on it.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, I am open to all ideas.

Thanks in advance.F6B at El Rancho Hotel.jpg

Yes the new Heritage can be purchased without laced wheels.However most of the new laced wheels have spokes outside of the tire.Go for it .You will become a Harley enthusiast.
Welcome from Wisconsin.

Try sitting on a RoadKing also.
My personal experience is the RoadKing is truly better for long rides, side winds and you can stow more in the bags.
StreetGlide has a more stiff / Sportier suspension.

My personal experience is the RoadKing is truly better for long rides, side winds and you can stow more in the bags.

^^^ I concur with joel. ;) Welcome aboard, glad to have you here!

Last edited:
As soon as I am out of this damnable back brace and released for riding, I'm planning on renting a Softail Heritage for one day and a Road King for a day. Just sitting on each, the Softail Heritage seems to fit me better...but that's not a great test. Also, I really like that Milwaukee 114. I took a test ride on a Softail Heritage, equipped with that engine and loved the torque.

Welcome to the forum from Gulf Coast AL. Good game plan on renting both,should really help you decide.

I have had 6 motorcycles in my life, and I find that the "right" bike for me, in terms of seat height, power band, cornering, etc., is critical to my enjoying my rides.

Back