free website stats program Things I need to know... | Harley Davidson Forums

Things I need to know...

Fourdogs

Any of ya that has gone into Canada on there Motorcycles...besides a passport anything else required...other than the normal license...and plates and proof of insurance???? I will be pulling a trailer as well

no firearms, no drugs, other than that sounds like your good to go.

Thank You Sir..I do appreciate the info..I can hardly wait to visit your country...Wish I had more time...we will just be visiting and crossing into Canada at Saulte Saint Marie...spend a bit of time in Sudbury then drop South toward Toronto and going to the Falls....hey this is maybe going to sound like a really stupid question...but is there Mounties at the Border? Would love to get a picture with a Mountie..when I was a kid..I used to love a TV show called "Sgt.Preston of the Yukon " with his dog "Yukon King"(was a Husky) go figure ...lol..., and I think his horse's name was Rex....and you probably have no clue what I'm talking about...unless your a bit old like me...lol..again thanks for the info..we're so excited we're trying to get everything ready now...lol not leaving till the 27th...a bit anxious ya know

If you've never been to Niagara Falls before you're going to be amazed! I grew up east of there in Rochester and have seen them many times and it still takes my breath away every time! Allow time to ride the Maid of the Mist and go up in the big tower (forgot the name but you can't miss it.)

No radar detecors. Mounties are hard to find and normally do not wear their red tunics. (uniforms). If you go to Ottawa to the Parliament buildings you probably see them there. The red uniforms are reserved for special events.

A easy way of converting mph to kph is to multply the K by 6' 50kph X6=30mph. 100kph X6=60mph.

Have a good trip and ride safe.

No radar detecors. Mounties are hard to find and normally do not wear their red tunics. (uniforms). If you go to Ottawa to the Parliament buildings you probably see them there. The red uniforms are reserved for special events.

A easy way of converting mph to kph is to multply the K by 6' 50kph X6=30mph. 100kph X6=60mph.

Have a good trip and ride safe.

Good info thanks...no radar detector for this old man coz I sure don't want to go faster than my guardian angel can fly...the conversion thing ..pretty cool never seen it explained that way...thanks

Been across many times. Just need your drivers license and birth cert as of right now. Passport will be needed if driving in and returning as well, as of Jan 1 2009. JOys of being in Detroit.... can be in Canada in 25 minutes either way, bridge or tunnell!!

Good Luck.. Enjoy your stay and visit. Be prepared for long lines

Thought I'd give ya a warning - we crossed the border while in Maine this summer and on the way back, as the US border guards were looking thru my saddlebags one of my buds walked over and said "hey I'm gonna take a picture and tell overybody you got busted". The officer turned around and told him that it was a federal offence to take her picture while she was on duty. Wiped the smile right off his face.
I don't know if the mounties are that strict, but be carefull on the way back.

Have a DESTINATION just coming over to "ride around" is a no-no Our Border Service can be very fussy---sometimes

Enjoy your trip

We live 3 miles from the Washington border have crossed hundreds of times always have a specific reason to cross, makes it easy

This weekend off to Anacortes to the Oyster Run, usual body count 20,000+

Back