free website stats program The wobble? | Harley Davidson Forums

The wobble?

I think the biggest culprit is the neck bearing, too loose, needs grease or is worn out and needs to be replaced. Other things like tires not in balance, bad shocks or loaded improperly can also cause a wobble.

In case of laced wheels , check the spoke-tension ,on a regular basis. Had a deathwobble once on my 2004 Roadking , Came out , the spokes of the rear-wheel were loose. Gave them all the right tension ,and never occured again.
Ride safe !.

Also if that happens right after a wheel has been off there's several things to look at there too. Missing or incorrect spacer will throw the alignment off.

If your bike has a rubber mounted (Dyna's & Touring's) engine, worn motor mounts or swingarm (also trans. mount) bushings can contribute.

Welcome to the forum, all good suggestions above, if riding medium speed and straight put a very light hand on the handlebar and slow down, if a wobble starts go though all the checks above, especially the steering neck and check for tightness, grease, and wear as Jeff suggests. If that doesn't solve the issue proceed to other solutions as mentioned above.

I've had several bikes,never had it happen.Guess they were all squared away.Had a rear tire out of round once on a 2015 street glide,was noisy but not unsafe.

Back