free website stats program The weather | Harley Davidson Forums

The weather

TomH65

Totally off topic, I know. But us Brits are always moaning about the weather (well, the ones I talk to do). We don't get that many really decent riding days that are sunny and warm. The last 3 years here have been mainly wet and quite cold.

I have read on the news about the heatwave that's hit the West Coast USA recently.
I hope all you Bikers are coping ok out there with the heat.

Arizona sounds nice Tank, only ever seen it in pictures and on TV. I've only ever been to Maine and Florida in the USA.
I also ride all year round except for when we have icy roads or snowy days. I get wet a lot of the time just going to work.
One day in the future, I do wish to ride your roads...
When I can afford to come over there again for longer than a couple of weeks, that will be the plan.

When it's 95 here in central Mississippi, the humidity usually makes it so oppressive that you can hardly breathe. When I learned to ride a motorcycle 4 years ago, I would come home from work to 98 degrees most afternoons, put on all my gear and head out to get some experience. It was tough, but I'm glad I pressed on with it. It's easy to get overheated and dehydrated riding a bike. The wind evaporates your sweat and you don't realize you're losing that much fluid. Hydrate often is a rule I learned the hard way. That being said, we ride anytime we can, no matter the temp or time of year. Lucky to be in an area that we can do that......

Ok Flipper, thanks for that input - now between you and The Tank, you're making me wish I could emigrate to America and ride and live the dream.

Ok Flipper, thanks for that input - now between you and The Tank, you're making me wish I could emigrate to America and ride and live the dream.
Not so fast, I got caught in a hail storm the other night. Do you know what it feels like going 70 mph and hail hitting you! OUCH.

I ride here everyday. Rain doesn't stop me. The heat is only a problem when you are sitting still at a light or something.

Totally off topic, I know. But us Brits are always moaning about the weather (well, the ones I talk to do). We don't get that many really decent riding days that are sunny and warm. The last 3 years here have been mainly wet and quite cold.

I have read on the news about the heatwave that's hit the West Coast USA recently.
I hope all you Bikers are coping ok out there with the heat.

Or how about all the rain on the East coast. It starting to become quite swampy in areas...............:(

After all my moaning about the rubbish weather we usually have over here, we have finally had over 3 weeks of dry hot days of around 28 to 30 Degrees heat - about time too!
Such a shame for me that my Harley has been off the road for the last 6 weeks, and probably will be for another 4 weeks.
Anyone got a spare one I can borrow? LOL (Only joking).

Back