free website stats program The TFI Install is Complete!! Part one of three . . . | Harley Davidson Forums

The TFI Install is Complete!! Part one of three . . .

markfsanderson

All,
I just finished up about an hour ago installing my new TFI. Between running out of battery on my camera, being a perfectionist, and trying to be Cecile B. Demills and just being slow . . . it took me about a total of 4 hours.
Interesting to me is that the bike seems to sound different - like it has a bit more lower frequency 'grunt' to it. Sounds nice to me - for sure. I have lots of video from my camera and laptop showing how I did it, some of the mistakes I made and etc. It'll take me a better part of a week to make it 'YouTubeWorthy' and release it for folks to view - should be amusing at least! I had a chance to 'putt around' in my apartments parking lot to see if all was well . . . it certainly has more low end 'grunt' and snappier throttle response for sure. It feels like the engine is not quite as hot . . . just general first impressions . . .

Mark - Thanks!:newsmile026:

WELL Good for you... Only One Word.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

signed....BUBBIE

With your opened up air box and a wee bit more fuel the bike will sound different and you should feel the difference when riding
Good job

Brian

Running a bit late to work . . . we'll see how it acts on the road this morning . . . fortunately, work is only about 1.5 miles . . . but I can the long way!

Mark - Thanks!

Running a bit late to work . . . we'll see how it acts on the road this morning . . . fortunately, work is only about 1.5 miles . . . but I can the long way!

Mark - Thanks!

What a Guy.... Take the Long short cut, it warms the Bike and the Heart at the same time and puts a :D on your face for the rest of the day...

signed....BUBBIE

SEE, and you were worried about WHAT? Good job Mark, let us all know how you like it so far, Job well done:s:rider Good write up also:s

Mark - Thanks!

Take the long way home . . . Wasn't that a SuperTramp (SuperTrapp :s) song from the days of lore? Good stuff so far. No misses, backfires, decel pops - nada. So far so good. Engine certainly runs cooler, thats immediately noticeable. Better throttle response, I think I'm getting a tad bit better acceleration but I have no way to quantify that with any certainty (Engineer Speak Alert!) . . . I went 5 miles, then filled up . . .the last tank w/out the TFI was 44 MPG - that was the 150 miles at normal highway speeds. I'm seeing closer (pre-TFI) to 51 MPG if I keep the speed to between 55 and 65 MPH. There doesn't seem to be any codes set . . . so I think I'm good to go for the next upgrade - part 2 of 3 for my Stage 1 (sheesh!) - which I believe will be the air cleaner. Part 3 of 3, the SuperTrapp exhaust upgrade will this weekend. My research indicates that 16 disks/side will be a good first start. I'll be talking to SuperTrapp and TFI and see if they can provide any more insight into what I can/should run . . . .

Mark - Thanks!:newsmile026:

Back