free website stats program The 'S' word ! | Harley Davidson Forums

The 'S' word !

Gold4484

Contributor
Seems like Mother nature is not playing nice to us around these parts. Supposed to get several inches of snow from this storm. An area close by here is calling for 12-18 inches! After all this warm spring and winter we have had, I told everyone that Mother Nature will probly put the fuses out on our fireworks on the fourth of July with her snowflakes!

BRIAN

Kinda funny, northern MN. got a foot of snow the other day but in the twin cities we just got rain! Back to riding today, a little cool but not to bad.:D

Does this cold spell cause much damage to trees and such that have bloomed and leafed out during the earlier warm weeks?

Does this cold spell cause much damage to trees and such that have bloomed and leafed out during the earlier warm weeks?

It has been 5 days since we had our last wee bit of the white stuff after having had a couple of very warm weeks at the end of march my grass has virtually stopped growing and the barley that was planted in september and had started to grow well after its winter sleep period is now starting to yellow
buds on the big old trees just starting to make some green so hopefully the leaves will be out in a couple of weeks
Although i have been told that hours of daylight are more of an influence on plants i do think the cold weather during the whole of april has certainly slowed things down

Brian

would Jack really to that on purpose ? :D 85 in west texas today, if anyone wanted to know

Yep every chance I get, 82 and partly cloudy I have the A C on SNOW is a 4 letter word and should be BANNED:p

Mother Nature sure has a twisted sense of humor sometimes. Mind you, I'll take snow over tornadoes any day.
I will refrain from commenting on our weather here in Manitoba lest She decides to slap us.:D

Rode to work every day last week. This week I probably won't even start the bike. Cold rain and windy. I knew I'd have to pay for last weeks weather.

Back