free website stats program The right hat | Harley Davidson Forums

The right hat

KenBratt

Since I have gotten older the hair (what is left) looks absolutely terrible after wearing a helmet for a while. While I am not trying to impress anyone, I do have a little bit of self-respect left. I need a hat that says motorcycle, but isn't made of leather (ride summers in New England and winters in Phoenix) and isn't a ball cap (I look pretty stupid in ball caps - so says my wife and others). Been looking for the kind of cap worn by Brando in The Wild Ones but all the HD shops I have visited either don't have them or have some leather version of one. On line I found custom made ones for $100+ which seems rather steep to me (I'd rather find one for $50 and spend the rest on bling). Anyone know of any stores/shops selling the cloth version of this cap?

Unfortunately, no pun intended, only input I can offer is my daughter's dance squad gets hats like those from a dance costume supply store (online), but I'm sure you're not going to want the info...:D

Gotta love the retirement years - I'm working on my 2nd as a federal civilian. How about you...??

Also, If I would've known you're a crusty old retiree (like me), I might've offered to send one of my daughter's hats to you...:D >.<

Cheers!

From someone who wears a military style flattop, I'm looking for something to keep my scalp from getting sunburned again.

I have very little hair left and what is left tends to get wiry like steel wool if I let it get too long. So I shave it all off as often as possible. My wife used to do it but she's too slow and I get tired of waiting on her.

So now I just take the Walmart $20 Wahl Clippers outside, take my shirt off, bend over and mow the head down as low as I can cut it with the clippers. The hair just falls into the grass and within 3 min's or so I'm done.

Go strickly by feel, pick up the stragglers in the mirror with my mustache trimmer inside later. As far as hats, I wear all different kinds to keep the sun off me, but like caps the best.

Back