free website stats program The Nose Hurts | Harley Davidson Forums

The Nose Hurts

Slapp

So here is the deal, I wear a half helmet with sun visor that is great when the sun is on your back, but when riding into the sun, holy cow does my nose get burnt. It gets to the point that when I wash my face the skin peels off and it bleeds (sounds gross don't it). Now my nose is proportionate to my face so it is not like it is sticking way out there or anything, I guess I just have fair skin or something. We went on a trip to the Georgia mountains last week and my nose is still healing, this never happened when I was younger but now I don't know ...skin cancer and all.
I guess my question is does anyone know of a nose guard or a better way to protect the nose besides SP50 skin block that didn't work? The only thing I can think of is a face shield I hate those things.:newsmile08:

Maybe try a smoked visor, if that doesn't help, I would stick with sunblock, apply often.

I sometimes use Zinc Oxide, the white stuff life guards are stereo typed as wearing. Not the best look, but better than burning. I have seen fishermans sunglasses that have a nose shield (no, not the Groucho Marx glasses). :newsmile011:

I know the deal w/skin cancer...paying for my days of youth "baking" in the sun w/two pos lesions so far & skin checks every 6-months. Best you can do is use good sunblock (UVA + UVB) & reapply often. You're probably getting windburn too so the zink oxide's good extra layer too (thks Breeze). Just got to be persistent & let the nose heal.

Get good and healed up, go with a quality sunscreen and as the other guys say, Zink Oxide may not look too cool but your nose won't bleed when you wash it.

There are lots of 85-100 sunblocks out there now. 50 is too low. Either that, or wear one of those big band-aids designed for scraped knees. :s

i have stopped wearing sun blocker of any strength - I will only burn where I have put it on so for me I don`t use it anymore. no more burns,

What about a bandanna to cover your nose and lower face like a bank robber.
Put the loose ends under helmet strap to keep from flying around.

Back