free website stats program The New Harley LED Headlight on a Fat Bob | Harley Davidson Forums

The New Harley LED Headlight on a Fat Bob

Surfcityred

I wanted the new LED headlight on the new Fat Bob I am about to buy and the dealer said the light won't fit a Fat Bob. I'm thinking that the wiring harness is pretty much the same throughout the line and that the only reason they say it won't fit is because of bracketing. I have no problem fabricating a bracket. Has anybody had any experience with this headlight and modifying it to fit a Dyna or Fat Bob? It seems like it can't be all that hard if the electrical is plug-and-pray.

I think it is more than the wiring connection inside the light housing. I am also interested in this because I want to install one in my Wide Glide and they say it won't fit either.

I have a 09 FXDC and the LED light slipped right in. It is tight and you have to place the plug at the rear. Huge lighting improvement in beam pattern. brightness, less heat and electrical draw. Very pleased and would recommend it. Now your if I recall correctly, your FatBob has dual small headlights. you might have to get a single headlight bucket and redo some wiring. At this point, I would go with the 7" FatBoy headlight bucket and get the 7" LED light. Cheers.

Attachments

• LED Headlight (2).jpg
    LED Headlight (2).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 27
  • LED headlight rear side.jpg
    LED headlight rear side.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 22
Back